Prints were a huge element of the Spring / Summer 2011-12 collections, and now for Autumn / Winter they are still hanging about, however, the print style has changed to a more opulent, sophisticated and warmer collage of pattern. In particular, there has been a lot of snake skin, and not just in accessories. The Chloe catwalk displayed snakeskin as the prominent part of the outfit...

Chloe
Here are some other prominent patterns from the shows...

Marc Jacobs brings out the polka dots; another huge pattern this season.

Greek Queen of pattern Mary Katrantzou
The next trend is less about pattern, more about material. The naughty side of fashion came out to play with leather, PVC, fur, rubber and lace all in shiny black; the fetish trend is not for the faint hearted, so my advice would be to take a few statement pieces to add to your own style.
Here are some catwalk looks...

Mark Fast

Diesel Black Gold
And here is my Charity Shop Chic mix of pattern and the fetish trend...
Top: Charity Shop
Leather trousers: Charity Shop (altered to a slim fit)
Clutch Bag: Charity Shop
Heels: New Look
Lipstick: Rimmel
I am in love with this clutch that I found lurking in a Charity Shop, although I have to admit it is not technically a clutch; I have tucked the straps in! But I find this is a great way to update old bags, or in particular bags from Charity Shops.
Here are two of my recent snakeskin clutch bags purchased from Charity Shops which I am rather pleased with...
OMG, love love that brown snakeskin bag. I may well steal it off you when you're not looking sometime! X x x
ReplyDelete