Tuesday, 2 November 2010

The Challenge

For as long as I can remember, charity shops have been a part, if not always a positive one, of my life. When I was young I believed they were shops one should not be seen dead in. Now, however, that stigma has been dropped and I consider them as one of the most exciting places to shop in. The charity shop was my main gateway into the world of fashion; it was so easy to find one off pieces for mere pounds, even pennies. I found myself looking forward to rummaging through the rails, shelves and accessories boxes, sorting the wheat from the chaff. And it seems I am now not the only one…
With the increase in the love of vintage fashion, and perhaps the current economic climate, nowadays charity shops are becoming a favourable place to spend those pennies for a lot of the fashion forward pack wanting to find a second hand style bargain…
There is huge satisfaction of wearing something which has been lost in time, and given another life. A piece of clothing with a history; from an amazing vintage find, to a modern piece someone simply didn’t want…
My own personal style consists of a mixture of high street and second hand, with the occasional designer piece thrown in. I am influenced by each seasons catwalk shows and believe the high fashion looks can be channelled with the use of second hand clothing…sound like a challenge? Let’s see how it goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment